Fellowship Team Policy
Grace Fellowship Christian Reformed Church
It is the responsibility of the Fellowship Team to show God’s love to the members and regular attenders of Grace Fellowship in tangible ways as outlined below.
1. Sunday Fellowship Time Refreshments – The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for scheduling both those who will bring refreshments on Sunday mornings and those who will serve. The Fellowship Team will be responsible for overseeing the supplies in both the kitchenette and the kitchen and will notify the Administrative Assistant if supplies need to be ordered. *For Easter Sunday, rather than regular refreshments, the Fellowship Team will coordinate having cinnamon rolls provided. Servers will be scheduled as normal.
2. Congregational Potlucks – At least once a quarter, the Fellowship Team, at the direction of the Council by way of the Deacon of Fellowship, will coordinate a congregational potluck following a Sunday worship service. The Deacon of Fellowship will work with the Administrative Assistant to announce the event in Grace News. On the day of the event, the Fellowship Team will facilitate the set-up and clean-up of the potluck.
3. Special Life Event Gifts – To help celebrate special life events (marriages and births) of members and regular attenders of Grace Fellowship, the Fellowship Team will be responsible for presenting an appropriate gift on behalf of Grace Fellowship purchased with funds from the Fellowship budget.
4. Funerals – For funerals held at Grace Fellowship, the Fellowship Team will coordinate with the Administrative Assistant to serve a lunch or coffeetime if requested by the family.
*In the event of the death of a family member of a member of Grace Fellowship (where the deceased is not a member or regular attender), a memorial gift will not be given on behalf of Grace Fellowship, but members of Grace Fellowship will be encouraged to reach out to the family to extend their condolences in the way they so choose.
5. Other denominational events (i.e. Classis meetings) – When Grace Fellowship is asked to host denominational events, the Fellowship Team will be responsible for coordinating the provision and serving of the refreshments and/or meal as needed.
Initial policy date: 06/03/19