PAY PROCEDURES Policy
Grace Fellowship Christian Reformed Church
1. The workweek at Grace Fellowship is defined as Sunday through Saturday, with pay periods being comprised of two workweeks.
2. Hourly staff are to enter their worked hours for the pay period on a designated payroll spreadsheet on a shared network drive (or if they do not have access to a computer, they will provide them to the Administrative Assistant in writing) by noon on the Monday following the end of the pay period, unless otherwise directed. Hours must be written according to each day worked, not just a total for the pay period. Staff will be paid on the Friday following the end of the pay period for all hours worked during the previous pay period.
- Hourly staff are expected to work no more than the hours approved each week, including the use of vacation and holiday time. If they work additional hours, they will receive payment for the actual number of hours worked, but they will be asked to adjust their hours during the next pay period in order to stay within their annual budgeted hours. Exceptions to this must be approved by the Senior Pastor or Administrative Elder.
- Staff attending conferences or seminars related to their job may be paid for time spent traveling to and from the event as well as actual time attending the event. Staff will be paid for their normal working hours, not for overnight hours, meal times or time spent away from the event. Staff may be reimbursed for their mileage at the current IRS rate to attend the event if they provide documentation of their mileage. Attendance at a conference or seminar and its related costs must be pre-approved by the Senior Pastor or Administrative Elder.
3. All hourly staff who are employed for at least 20 hours per week will earn vacation hours equal to one pay period each year. Hourly staff will be able to access these hours after six months of employment. Hourly staff wanting to utilize vacation hours will notify the Senior Pastor or Administrative Elder regarding when they will be absent and will enter the number of vacation hours used on the designated payroll spreadsheet.
- Vacation time can be used in hourly increments.
- If an hourly staff person is employed on December 31st of the year, they have earned the one pay period vacation to be taken in the next calendar year.
- If an hourly staff person leaves or is relieved of their employment with Grace Fellowship, they will be paid for their unused vacation time.
- Vacation time must be used during the calendar year or it is forfeited. There is no ‘carry over’ allowed into the next year.
4. All hourly staff who are employed at least 20 hours per week will earn holiday pay equal to their regular pay. For example: someone who works 20 hours per week would get paid for 4 hours for a holiday (20 hours divided by five workdays equals 4 hours per day). Someone who works 30 hours per week would be paid for 6 hours for a holiday. Hourly staff will be responsible for entering the amount of holiday hours they need to be paid for on the designated payroll spreadsheet.
- Paid holidays are New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- If a paid holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, then the hourly staff will be credited with an additional vacation day for the current calendar year.
5. After the payroll spreadsheet is approved, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for emailing it to the Accountant and to the Senior Pastor or Administrative Elder by Tuesday at noon following the end of the pay period.
Policy revision date: 06/03/19